Saturday, November 18, 2006

Postulations



when I observe one change in my marriage two or three years ago I remember one night when I discovered a new readyness in considering HER demands. It was the night when she talked about our daily life and that she had actually to many tasks and work. So she demanded - or better said "postulated" more of a help from my side in several ways. It was no complaining in it, but she did not ask or plead.

I recognized that there was a new tone. My heart was touched with mixed emotions.

First I wanted to flee and reject any commands in this way. It was like "nobody is allowed to give me orders".
Second I suddenly felt a certain deep excitement, a new thrill in her behavier,
as if I felt my entire personality had now to be committed to her. With this little scene I caught a glimpse of our new role -potential in our marriage.
What about simply obey her and surrender to HER will?
It happened regardless of the fact that she would have been totally right when only she would have asked me to help her.
But she did not ask.
She postulated (from) me.
She said that she wanted me to do this and that in the future- like doing the cooking for the kids a bit more often and other things.

It was the first time that she put it this way.
Because she had the natural right to give commands to me like that.
It already became inherent in our relationship. I took the second opportunity of my two possible reactions -by chance and asked what I could do for her. I kept this in mind when it turned out to be difficult for me sometimes.
And happily it worked for me.
SHE likes now from time to time request things far more sternly from me. It works for her better as well.

No comments: