Sunday, April 29, 2007

Standards

I read HH' s post (Tuesday, April 24, 2007 Living with Double Standards) in his blog lately about "double Standards" in relationships.

The first time I noticed, there was something "wrong" in my marriage, was when I found there where double standards.
This at least lead me all the way up and down into this lifestyle. More or less. But more and more: more.
I didn't worry; what do we need rules for, when you are only two and in love?
Things would go back to a "normal" standard soon, I thought.

But underneath the blanket a jungle law is prevailing in every marriage/ relationship, isn't it?

Females seem to love the jungle, because it benefits their concern. They don't seem to like "rules", do they?
The double standards maintained in my marriage.
I found, that there were
1. rules anyway, no doubt
2. not the same rules for each of us
3. the rules are not to be discussed, not even to mention, as far as I might dislike them

So -looking back, I had hard times fighting with my 0ld fashioned "fairness".

For example when I was not so well-behaved She liked to criticize and make fun of me, in a say blessing and blaming way.
But don' t you dare to say anything to Her just that way. When She perhaps was not so... "optimal". Woe is me!

There is no use in fighting against those affairs.
Vae victis, woe to the defeated
When I looked around I found it is happening everywhere like that.
It is already there, the FLR!
Not? - wait until they get a little more over 40, then the men tend to give up resistance or escape.
I found it somehow arousing to have this total jungle play. It is just us. And we do what fits.
But in case I did not tend to acting out parts of the male submissve nature, who knows.

I'm still on my way with it. Sometimes I really resist, sometime I have fun with it.
And so to say the pleasure on Her side might be increasing as far as I see now.

2 comments:

helpmate hubby said...

well written. i too was in a FLR without knowing it, due to my Wife's controling nature. It was when i accpeted and embraced and really tried to promote open recognition of that fact between us that our marriage really seemed to flourish.

faninho said...

Thanks! You are absolutly right: the more I agree to this situation with Her ruling, the better it goes with us and the more the situation increases. I had bad times in spring -because I was struggling with it (once again...)- but now it goes a step further...

With sympathy I noticed that you closed your blog for the public. I really miss it!

Best from
faninho
(faninho@gmx.de)